Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Back to Beau Beau and Angie and the Story Continues


The blog for Beau Beau and Angie was born on February 19, 2006.  It all started with a blog post that I had replied to somewhere about feeding cats tuna fish.  Next thing I know I was creating a blog so that I could reply to the tuna fish guy.  I didn't give it much thought about naming it, therefore the non cat specific url is swicks.blogspot.com. Cathy (who sadly is no longer with us) from Beau’s bloggie found my blog and sent a link introducing us to some of the few cat bloggers there were at that time.  Once that happened I decided to stick with the url and name of Beau Beau and Angie's Fur Days and we were off and on a roll. 

As I was looking back at those early days of the blog and my life with Beau Beau and Angie, I thought “wow, how did I make it through those years of my life”?  Then I realized that I made it through those years with my sanity because of them.  I was transitioning into a new life from a divorce in late 2002 and a new relationship with my boyfriend and his 14 year-old daughter.  I moved in with them and almost 3 years later along came Beau Beau and Angie just when we all needed them the most.

The furkids brought liveliness, energy, joy, love, fun, enjoyment, distraction from our problems, learning, growth, care giving, and immense entertainment to our everyday lives.  We worried about their health and well being a lot.  We loved them intensely.  We taught them about the big outdoors.  We gradually brought them outside so they could enjoy the weather and have some fun.  There are plenty of stories there!  During this time we got married.  My stepdaughter went to college.  We moved to another house.  Although it was only a mile away it was probably the most terrifying day of Beau Beau and Angie’s life (not to say our own with worry about them).  We moved out and moved into our new home in one day while they went to stay with our family for the day.  They lived with us in our house until they both passed, Beau Beau in December 2014 and Angie at the end of October this year. 

All of their lives with us are here in these pages.  Memories of them are so close it’s like they are still here except for the stillness of the house without their presence.  They are now our Angel cats and their memories will live on for some time within these pages.  The blog went from Beau Beau and Angie’s fur days, to All About Angie after Beau Beau passed and now back again.  Many thanks to the beautiful job done by Ann from Zoolatry for the new header for the holidays! 

Starting after the holidays my husband and I are going to be searching for a couple of cats to fill our home with love again.  As before we know that it will be them that will find us actually.  We are thinking that Beau Beau and Angie will be guiding the process somehow.  The new ones will have big paws to fill for sure!  So stay tuned for the search, the adventures and the stories of our future furkids.  

Blessings and purrs,
Brenda

10 comments:

  1. guyz.....therz an ole sayin......one cat never leevez... with out sendin another......

    we knead knot tell ewe beau beau & angie will all wayz be with ewe.......all wayz.......coz ewe all reddy noe that ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

    we iz lookin for werd ta meetin de new crew; just az much as they will be buzzed happee ta haza new for everz home ~~~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you're keeping this blog...all your memories of Beau Beau and Angie are here. We're also glad that you plan to add some more cats to your life. We know Beau Beau and Angie will help you find the purrfect ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice post. And we know that a couple of cats will be looking for you, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Beau Beau and Angie will absolutely steer you in the right direction, no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the perfect family members are out there, waiting for you to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are Keeping Beau Beau and Angie's blog. You will find it a comfort to look back on all the happy memories in it. The Christmas header is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all are so happy you decided to keep the blog. What a nice post you wrote. We are sure you are going to find a new family members very soon.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy story. Beau Beau and Angie gave your home a lot of joy. You will find the right cats to fill your lives again. We never replace our furries; we spread the love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After I lost Abby. One of the things I did was to print the blog in book form. There was something about holding it in my hands and being able to read things that happened from so long ago again that made it magically bittersweet at the time. I am glad you will keep your blog and let Beau Beau (oh how I miss that sweet face of his!) and beautiful Angie guide you into welcoming your new cats. Guide you they will. I firmly believe Abby was instrumental in helping me locate Annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wut a pare ov kyoot faces

    ReplyDelete