Saturday, September 16, 2017

Tommy and Teaghan Wegie Update

Teaghan may turn out to be my new little blogger

Where did the summer go???  My last post was in July.  Geez.  I just can't seem to make a decision about my blogging voice. Once Beau Beau was gone that was it.  I knew it was time for a change but now that I have Tommy and Teaghan in my life I haven't found a new voice for them.  So I'm still working on that and thinking about what direction I want to take.  Until then I will just write as myself and give updates on T&T.  

Tommy and Teaghan at 6 months
They are different than Beau Beau and Angie.  Physically, They are almost 7 months old now and are HUGE for kittens. They were both altered last month. As "Wegies" (Norwegian Forest cats) they are really furry yet they don't seem to shed much at all.  In fact the only fur I find is what gets blown around when they play fight. I only comb them once a week and very little comes off them. They have beautiful almond shaped eyes and long really furry tails.  Relationship-wise, they are like a very close couple while BB&A just tolerated each other quietly.  Tommy and Teaghan spend a lot of time keeping each other happy, chasing, playing, and grooming each other.  They are still very kittenish with that high energy, yet their quiet time personality and bonding with us is really strengthening.  I have been finding it hard to capture them in photos though - mostly because they are often in motion!  I give their Mommy Colleen a lot of credit for being able to take all the photos she did while she raised them until I got them.

Tommy is a gentle giant type. He is like velcro to me.  He's either trying to wrap himself around my neck or laying on me when I'm sleeping or trying to sleep that is... So he's a mamma's boy for sure and he's been close to me right from the start.  Tommy weighs in at 9.2 lbs now and his fur is slowly changing, getting thicker. He jumps higher and farther than any cat I've had.  From the edge of the bedroom dresser to the bed, he flew over 7 feet.  And he jumps to the top of a high dresser I have (51 inches) like it was nothing.  Yet, for a big boy he makes little eeep sounds when he's hunting, usually for a stray fly here and there.  
Tommy - 6 months
Teaghan is more independent, and like her mommy Colleen said, she likes to take time to analyze things.  She has warmed up to me and has become affectionate.  If I pick her up she will immediately settle herself in my arms and start purring.  She doesn't feel the need to cling to me like Tommy does.  Funny, as I just typed that, she came up to me and wanted to drape herself over me.  She then walked over the computer and around it and was laying on my arm purring up a storm.  Maybe she's trying to tell me something!  Maybe this time Teaghan wants to talk!  She will come and lay in my lap if I lay on the couch.  I very rarely watch tv so I have had to make the time to do that for a little just so she can have some quiet time with me.  Teaghan seems to have a light bouncy energy and she prances about especially when I talk to her.   

Teaghan 6 months
I'm learning more about Tommy and Teaghan every day.  As I'm getting to know them even better I'm still not sure what direction I want to take the blog.  I'm feeling like I'm waiting for something and I don't know what that is.  Maybe I just need a streak of creativity to hit me.  Maybe it's just not time yet.  In the meantime, I will continue to post now and then with updates on them.  They are a slow maturing breed so it'll be interesting to see how they grow.

Blessings!
Momma B


10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you checked in with the progress on Tommy and Teaghan! I'm sure you will figure them out at some point for the blog. I already had a strong personality when I came to live here, when I was five months old, so my human had no problem putting me to work on the blog right away. It's probably harder for you because, as a pair, they interact as much with each other as they do with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you and thanks for the update! If you don't find your blogging voice just fake it, we won't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMC! Tommy and Teaghan are both gorgeous. We're sure you'll figure out where you want to go with the blog....maybe it's your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful love hearing and seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tommy and Teaghan are so beautiful! Take your time finding the new voice for your blog. You'll know it when you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to have an update to see how they are doing. You may or may not find the voice for the blog, but it will always be nice to hear from you with updates.
    I am the opposite. I feel so awkward using my own voice on the blog now. Eric and Flynn's voices came naturally and I know it sounds silly, but I felt I was them and living their lives on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tommy and Teeghan are so beautiful. Thank you for checking in! We know you'll find your blogging voice in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand about finding your voice with new cats. I definitely had a voice with Sweet Praline, but haven't found Truffle and Brulee's voice yet and it's been 6 years. Tommy and Teaghan are wonderful and you will find ways to write about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we all love these pictures of your wonderful ginger and white kitties! admiration especially from our Taffy(Pat's Cats - https://srebrnik.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tommy and Teeghan you two are so beautiful. We hope that you are able to find your blogging voice again. Thanks for the share. Have a fantastic upcoming weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete