Saturday, May 13, 2023

Caturday Art with Brenda's mixed media cat artwork

 Caturday Art 

For caturday art, here is one of my latest abstract pieces I made from an online art class that I've been taking. It's an  abstract mixed media art piece using modeling paste, metallic and regular acrylics, and assorted items including sea glass, jewels, stones, gold leaf etc. The name of the class is "Ancient Gold" in Maria Grossbaum's abyssimoartschool.com.  Hope you like it! 

Here is how it looked at first after coming up with a design and creating a base on 8x10 canvas.

Pre painting and sealing. The idea is that you have the top with the head and if you flip it upside down you have a paw with the toes. 

After the layers of paints I created the mosaic with pink tumbled stones on the pad, and some stones I found in a local antique store. They were selling bags of stones like those I used for the toes,  some turquoise, and lots of old jewelry. I used some sea glass for the eyes and little rhinestones in the whisker holes. 


Upside down view to see the paw pad. Cute huh? :-)


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my cat art! Tommy and Teaghan are happy they were models :-).

XO
Mom Brenda









8 comments:

  1. I love it! Wish I could get "into" that, but no space to set up here in my tiny-home. You did an amazing piece ~ I imagine you'll soon be displaying at local arts & crafts fairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! It reminds me of ancient artefacts that have been discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out great. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! That's really wonderful, Mom Brenda! Thank you for sharing your art with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlee: "All the best art is cat-related!"

    ReplyDelete