Thursday, March 09, 2023

Thankful Thursday and Art and a Date

The mom has taken over our bloggie for today. There was a little too much involved for us to use our paws to create these paintings.  Here goes:

Today we are doing an art day and linking up with Rain's Kitchen and Garden. It's her Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Cool Colours (blues, purples, greens) post. And I am soooo thankful that I was able to find a way to express myself through my artwork. It has helped me to finally feel comfortable, calm, and transitioned in our new home in NC.

 First up we have one of my recent watercolor mixed media paintings. This was created from a recent class I took online in  Maria Grossbaum's Abymisso Art School. This was one of the exercises in the Secrets of Lotus tutorial. It teaches you first how to be intuitive, and technically how to create a 3d effect with Pebeo relief outliners and use and mix lots of different materials: watercolors, acrylics, watercolor papers, relief outliners, and iridescent paints among others. Also you learn how to create gradients, textures, mixing color, and the freedom to just create. Many beautiful effects can be achieved following the instructions and/or creating intuitively.  After the exercises are completed, the techniques are used to create the final painting, a field of lotus flowers. You can follow her guidance exactly as she does or create something all your own using her techniques. 

Here is what I created for the 3D relief / flowers exercise to show since it has cool colors using blues, purples, and greens and my favorite colors :-).  


 
And where would we be without showing an AI painting of one of our furry beauties, Teaghan with the ocean background of blues and greens. Dream by Wombo's AI creation did a pretty good job, except it looks like she's missing one ear! Pretty anyway.  

Teaghan Dream Ocean

And finally, today's purple breakfast. Simple Chia (2 tablespoons) and coconut milk (1 can whole fat) with frozen blueberries. Just simple and healthy food. No sugar needed. You can if you'd like to sugar it up, add some pure maple syrup.  Enjoy!



Hope you enjoyed our art and food today!

Purrs and XO

The Ts and Brenda

We are joining: 

23 comments:

  1. Lovely art! I had same for brek, I used milk and a bit of syrup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the chia seed for a difference from my usual breakfast and it has lots of fiber and other goodness. :-)

      Delete
  2. The painting design makes me think of needlework - very cool effect! Your AI creation is surreal. I like how Teaghan's orange fur wisps in the breeze. Have a doodletastic day, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Yes, others have commented that it looks like needlework. Many ways to put in the relief work and it's so fun! Definitely takes practice though and I'll be creating more soon.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful art. And breakfast looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is beautiful. It has a lot of depth and texture too. And I don't know if I've ever had chia. I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Chia is really good for you with high fiber and many other nutrients packed into those little seeds :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful art! I love the AI creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the art you made. The breakfast looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! The chia does have carbs but I like to have it now and then because it's high in fiber and other goodness :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow your painting is wonderful with all the techniques.
    I still did not dare water colors a second time, my first attempt was just too bad!
    The cat art is wonderful, too (and I see the other ear!).
    I still have porridge waiting for me for when or if my sweet tooth wakes up. To yum and art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, thanks for pointing out that yes, that second ear is there. :-)

      Delete
  8. Both pieces are absolutely stunning! Aren't you finding computer art not just challenging, but so very fulfilling. Have you thought to "print/frame" any of the pieces created online ... perhaps begin your own in-home gallery? Thanks for sharing your resources as well, there is so much out there to choose from now, it can be hard to decide, but you obviously found solid sources.
    Again, applause apawse! Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! That's a great idea about framing the AI pieces - maybe I'll make a framed collage or something like that for online and display. It'll be a great conversation piece if nothing else! :-)

      Delete
  9. ...your art is intriguing! Keep creating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful art. Parts of it look like embroidery.
    Your cats are gorgeous.
    (In answer to your question: Yes, I do believe pastels would work for a fiery sky.)
    Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dixie! I'm going to try the sky in pastel.

      Delete
  11. Fantastic artwork and your breakfast looks so tasty x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly you learned a lot from your tutorial and the results are beautiful and definitely 3D. And yes, the colors are part of what makes it so perfect. I am with you on the Chia and coconut milk ... healthy and delicious. Haven't done it for awhile, but now that you have reminded me, I am likely to go out to the store and stock up. My favorite this morning is Teaghan Dream Ocean. A perfectly beautiful painting and I can see the second ear and it is exactly where it should be. Just a totally enjoyable post, Brenda ... thank you :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Brenda ♥!! I'm so happy to see you joined our TADD!!! I love that you included purple food, that's great! Your AI piece is so cute, so Teaghan may be missing an ear, perhaps she is channelling her inner artistic Van Gogh. ☺ Your painting is lovely, so much depth. I love that you are learning to paint intuitively. That is actually a method I learned while doing art therapy years ago. Hope you keep joining in! ♥

    ReplyDelete